Assay Technology had its origin in 1981 in a small garage lab in Silicon Valley where some of us pondered how to monitor personal exposure to chemicals. With “cost-effective & convenient” as our “mantra”, we sought to replace inconvenient pumps and hazardous glass tubes with much smaller personal samplers that would not disrupt work, and would promote ease of analysis. During the 1980’s and 90’s, the industrial hygiene community (including OSHA & NIOSH) seemed skeptical that cost effective and convenient badges could out-perform the traditional, cumbersome pump-and-tube methods. At the same time, the health care industry were early adopters of Assay’s personal sampling badges, and helped us to establish our business model which still seeks the most cost-effective, convenient products integrated with seamless customer service. In the 21st century, as personal monitoring badges have become dominant in vapor sampling, Assay provides a product that is smaller and more convenient and cost-effective than competitors.
Quality Control/Assurance - Livermore, CA office
About the Position
We are seeking a person with a strong interest in performing quality control and assurance tasks in a manufacturing environment. The ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in science, in which case little or no experience is required. Candidates with non-science BA/BS (or AA degree) will be considered if there is some QA/QC experience.
Lab QA/QC tasks include but not limited to:
– Maintain the Lab Quality Management System jointly with the Lab
Director to meet ISO/EAC 17025:2017 protocol
– Coordinate audits to maintain accreditation
– Manage controlled documents like SOPs, control charts, and QA/QC quarterly reports
Manufacturing QA/QC tasks include, but not limited to
– Sampling and inspection of chemically-based components and products
– With Technical Director, supervise physical and lab quality of manufactured products
Back up other essential tasks
– Assist in fulfilling customer orders for shipment
– Back-up analyst in the lab for GC/FID, GC/ECD samples.
Various other activities in support of the Technical Services function. Previous work/knowledge of ISO/EAC 17025:2017 highly recommended.
About the Company’s Business
Please send resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chemist/Engineer – Technical Services - Livermore, CA Office
This position reports to the Technical Director and features challenging laboratory work related to lab evaluation of gas masks and air samplers, including manufacturing-related tasks. This can be a part-time or full-time position. We can be flexible for the right candidate.
- Receive, confirm, and improve the accuracy of login data for each sample.
- Read and understand SOPs governing each laboratory activity and participate in the improvement of SOPS.
- Store, prepare, & analyze samples and report results to Technical Director.
- Communicate to Technical Director and Marketing Manager in advance any foreseeable problems that may affect the timely and accurate reporting of lab results.
- Collaborate with Lab Mgr/QA/Tech Director to identify and address lab quality issues.
- Make best effort to achieve Company goals for quality and timely completion of work.
- Participate in improvement or special projects in collaboration with your manager.
- Maintain chemical inventory and general up-keep of laboratory space
- Work with Manufacturing Supervisor to maintain inventory of media needed for air samplers
Requirements for Applicants
Background requirements include strong training in a physical science or engineering (BA/BS or advanced degree), and some laboratory and manufacturing experience plus strong problem-solving and communication skills.
Please send resumes to email@example.com